POLICIES FOR USTA TEAM MEMBERS AND LEAGUE MATCHES 2013
1. All teams using GVTC as their home court must be captained by a player with Full Summer Membership status at the club. A Full Summer Member is defined as holding a membership category with a monetary value of morning member or greater. A Green Valley team must be composed of 25% full summer members as so defined.
2. Persons desiring to form a team must email the Team Representative on the Board of GVTC Marie Kimmel email@example.com prior to the USTA Spring/Summer Captain’s meeting and must obtain approval from the Board of GVTC to play as a GVTC team.
3. Team-only Members will be charged a fee of $125 and are entitled to play at GVTC for all home team matches and unlimited play during non-prime time hours for the length of the team’s league season. Prime time hours are 4:00-6:00pm weekdays and 8:00am-12:00pm weekends.
4. Team Members can play on a maximum of two (2) GVTC teams. Those holding a second team membership will be charged an additional fee of $75 and are entitled to play at GVTC for all team matches for the second team and unlimited play during non-prime time hours for the length of the additional team’s league season. Prime time hours are 4:00-6:00pm weekdays and 8:00am-12:00pm weekends.
5. All fees for Team Members must be paid in full prior to any visit to GVTC as is specified on the team membership application.
6. A team is permitted to have no more than 2 non-GVTC members (i.e., individuals who are not Team Members nor Full Members) play on its roster a maximum of three (3) times at GVTC at a rate of $10 per visit. A total of 3 guest visits per individual will be allowed in any case whether as league match play or as recreational play. The Captain shall enter the non-member in the GVTC guest book and be responsible for ensuring that the guest fee is paid. A shareholder can not use their complimentary guest visits to satisfy the guest fee for a league match.
7. Team Members are not entitled to any additional guest visits to GVTC beyond what is stated in points #3 and #4. Team members are not entitled to host any guests visiting to the club. After the time constraints of the league season, team members are entitled only to attend drills and club social tennis events that do not require full membership eg pizza doubles. However a Team Member may upgrade their membership to
a category of full membership by contacting the Membership Chaiperson and paying the appropriate additional fee.
8. Upon receiving an application for a team membership, the membership chair shall provide the Team Member with the GVTC Team Member Policy. The Board Representative and respective team captain will oversee adherence to this policy on behalf of GVTC.
9. The team captain is responsible to distribute a copy of the team rules to each member of their team and confirm that they understand the rules set forth.
10. Captains must also submit a roster of their players to the Team representative and Membership chair Marie Kimmel firstname.lastname@example.org on the GVTC board prior to the team’s first match.
11. Matches and practices for all Green Valley teams will be scheduled with the prior approval of the GVTC Team Representative and the GVTC Board. The match schedule should be forwarded as soon as it it available to the Team Representative Marie Kimmel email@example.com.
12. Any team that violates these policies may lose its privilege to play at GVTC the following year. All members of GVTC teams, including Team Members, will be subject to the GVTC Code of Conduct.
13. Members of GVTC who have issues or concerns with the conduct of team matches shall address those issues or concerns to the attention of the Team Representative on the Board Marie Kimmel firstname.lastname@example.org . Any member of GVTC who disrupts or in any way interferes with the conduct of any team match, or who in any way fails to act with courtesy or respect to any member of a visiting team, will be subject to discipline in accordance with the Code of Conduct.